More from New York Post here.
The Bloomfield Newsfeed collects news and updates from our community and puts them in one place. Usually thats just a one sentence summary and a link to the original source where you can find out more. Check out the latest Bloomfield news below, with more posted every morning.
Have questions about this or something else? Email us at [email protected] or call/text 973-370-3998.
Latest Bloomfield news
- Bloomfield school board to stop accepting digital public comments
- NYC congestion pricing could range from $9 to $23 at peak times for cars entering Manhattan south of 60th St. with $12 to $82 tolls for commercial vehicles and trucks tolls proposed
- OSHA launches investigation into N.J. Amazon warehouses after three workers die in separate facilities in three weeks, worker injuries jumped by 54% from 2020-2021
- Gov. Murphy signed new laws targeting predatory lendors by prohibiting use of refund anticipation check requirements by tax preparers, requiring fee disclosures, establishing consumer protections for financial services targeting vulnerable communities
- Approximately 1 in 2 Essex County households who have received pandemic emergency housing vouchers are unable to find housing due to landlord discrimination or miscommunication, too little aid amid increased rents
- Saint Michael’s Medical Center in Newark and CareWell Health Hospital in East Orange face penalties, additional oversight from the state due to patient and operating rooms reaching above 80 degrees in last heat wave
- Human Needs Food Pantry of Montclair will be giving away items that cannot be used by clients for upcycle crafting on their next weekend donation day Aug. 13
- Bloomfield’s Big Bill’s Corner Cafe is collecting school supplies for Bloomfield teachers throughout August with supplies or monetary donations accepted during regular business hours
- N.J. says residents should no longer report sightings of spotted lanternflies as invasive species now identified in every county with state planning to deploy extermination teams along transportation corridors, provide treatment reimbursement funds to counties
- Bloomfield Civic Center to host free dance lesson on the Tarantella, an Italian dance, on Aug. 15 with separate lessons planned for children and adults