More from Bloomfield Pulse here.
The Bloomfield Newsfeed collects news and updates from our community and puts them in one place. Usually thats just a one sentence summary and a link to the original source where you can find out more. Check out the latest Bloomfield news below, with more posted every morning.
Have questions about this or something else? Email us at [email protected] or call/text 973-370-3998.
Latest Bloomfield news
- Bloomfield-area bank faces fines over discrimination against area Black and Hispanic residents
- N.J. Senate confirms acting state attorney general Matt Plankin to permanent role making the 35-year-old state’s youngest AG
- Rutgers lifts mask mandate for indoor classrooms and common areas starting Oct. 1 but will continue to require students and staff to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID
- Mental Health Association is hosting two-part art therapy workshop for school-aged youth who have a family member with mental illness on Oct. 3 and 10 at Montclair library with registration available by email
- Watsessing Park’s all access playground is under construction to replace the rubberized safety surface
- Bloomfield High School student, senior soccer captain Alex Capet is the school’s athlete of the month for September
- Lakeland Bank ordered to pay $13M toward loan subsidy program, open new branches after federal investigation finds it discriminated against Black and Hispanic communities in Newark area by avoiding lending, opening branches in non-white communities
- Bloomfield resident and artist Fiona Chinkan beings Spruce St. footbridge mural on JFK Drive after being selected by recreation department’s cultural affairs committee
- Bloomfield’s Commission on Civil Rights will host a virtual information session on voting in the 2022 election Oct. 6 with questions accepted in advance by email or phone
- Bloomfield Middle School is hiring a gifted and talented teacher for the 2022-2023 school year with applications accepted online